Decades ago, going to the dentist could be a little overwhelming. Dentists didn’t always take time to talk to their patients about what they were going to do, especially with kids. Sometimes children were even strapped down for dental treatments. Other times, patients just didn’t get numb enough, and dental procedures were painful. And dental chairs and equipment weren’t quite as comfortable and advanced as they are now, making getting something as simple as a cleaning feel like torture. Of course, all dentists were well-meaning and wanted to make sure that their patients got the care they needed, but the experiences could be traumatic.
The gentle, compassionate, understanding team at Alisa M. Reed DDS is here to help you rediscover dentistry and experience all the care you need – without pain, anxiety, or fear. We not only wrap you up in warmth and tender attention, pampering you with comforts like cushy chairs, scented neck pillows, heated towels, lip balm, and cozy blankets (nervous patients are amazed at how safe and soothed a simple blanket makes them feel), we also offer the relaxing benefits of level one conscious dental sedation.
Why Choose Sedation Dentistry
- Did you experienced dental trauma in your formative years and now do everything you can to avoid even getting a cleaning?
- Do you have a strong gag reflex and find having hands or dental instruments in your mouth distressing?
- Do you have medical conditions that make sitting comfortably difficult?
- Do you dislike the sounds, smells, and tastes associated with dentistry unpleasant?
- Does just the thought of scheduling a dental appointment give you heart palpitations?
Sedation dentistry can help almost anyone relax and get the dentistry they need and deserve. Plus, sedation dentistry reduces the body’s natural tendency to tense muscles while stressed, so that our dental anesthetics are more effective, your body won’t get sore, and we are able to get as much work done as possible.
Dr. Reed offers her Woodlands patients their choice of:
- Nitrous Oxide – the most commonly used and time-tested dental sedation available. In our youth, Nitrous Oxide sedation was referred to as ‘“laughing gas” because of its euphoric qualities. But Nitrous Oxide has benefits beyond making you feel giggly instead of apprehensive. Because it can be easily reversed with a dose of pure oxygen, it is perfect for those who need to drive themselves to and from their appointments. And because it is so gentle, it is safe to use with older patients and children.
- Level 1 Conscious Oral Sedation – oral sedation is a great choice for those who suffer from dental anxiety. We will prescribe a pill to take before your appointment, so you arrive calm and untroubled. Though you are completely relaxed, you will be awake throughout your procedure and can still respond to the doctor. You will be too relaxed to drive, though, so you will need to be sure to have a ride to and from your appointment.
Isn’t it time you created a new experience for yourself and your smile? Get healthier, feel great, and show yourself some love with pampering relaxation dentistry and sedation options from Alisa M. Reed DDS.